Working at Perx Technologies is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with consumers through loyalty and reward based schemes.
The Perx Technologies development team develop not only a branded market leading loyalty app but also provide a modular based engine for 3rd party mobile apps to integrate with and power their own apps.
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, UI designers & development engineers to conceptualize and develop market-leading solutions in the consumer loyalty and reward space. You will own the technical implementation of projects and will be expected to provide training, guidance, and mentorship to other members of the team. This role is expected to guide decisions on technical strategy, architecture, best practices, tools, and utilities.
This is a hands-on engineering position that requires expert level proficiency in Java, Android SDK, device capabilities, and Android OS variations. You will architect reusable solutions that make up the product offering of the Perx Technologies enterprise stack.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Java, Android, technology, and apps.
- On-going development of Perx’s app for the Android platform
- Development of quality code using cutting-edge techniques, tools, and utilities
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy
- Research, test, and implement market leading techniques, frameworks, and utilities
- Define development/design standards and best practices
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define new product requirements, features, and functionality
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies, and be prepared to apply them quickly
- Experience with messaging related technologies
- Experience with embedded local storage and caching solutions
- Experience with image manipulation and animation
- Solid understanding of Android app development life cycle including Google Play compliance policies and submissions requirements
- Experience with Bitbucket or similar version control tools
- Experience with TestFlight or similar app distribution platforms
- Experience with Android performance tuning and crash reporting applications such as Crashlytics
- Experience evaluating and integrating 3rd party APIs, including SDKs for social networks, advertising platforms, and analytics
- Experience with iOS application development is a plus
Skills & Competencies
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in engineering, IT, technical discipline (MSC preferred)
- Candidates will have a minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in any job title with duties involving software development, programming or analysis. A minimum of 3 years hands-on professional Android development experience in a team leader / senior developer role.
- Extensive experience with Java and full command of Android APIs on all OS versions
- Experience developing a consumer centric app that is currently available in marketplace. Particularly utilising features such as location based services and push notifications
- Solid understanding of data models and data access architecture and optimization
- Strong understanding of multi-tier web architectures, and OO design patterns and concepts
- Strong understanding of server side software, scalability, performance, and reliability
- A sound understanding of HTTP and REST-style web services including building mobile SDK templates
- Must demonstrate solid organization/communication skills